Bellevue Borough Code Enforcement Office
The Bellevue Code Office is responsible for handling all property (residential and commercial) matters, including:
- code and ordinance inspections
- sign approval
- other issues related to properties and maintenance
The International Property Maintenance Code governs the conditions and maintenance of property and buildings in the Borough. In addition, the International Building Code governs all new construction, additions, and renovations.
Please contact the Code Office before beginning any construction.
All applications and a list of all code requirements are available on the Borough’s website here. Allow ten days for response to a commercial permit and five days for a residential permit.
Building/Zoning permits are required for, but not limited to:
- Enlarging a window or door size
- Pools, Garages, Sheds, Fences, Additions
- Adding electical circuits or panels
- Decks or Porches over 30 inches in height
- Sidewalks, Driveways, and curb cuts
- Commercial signs
Notable Borough Ordinances:
- Properties shall be maintained free from weeds and grass in excess of 6 inches.
- Unregistered or Un-Inspected vehicles cannot be stored on premises.
- Trees cannot hang lower than nine feet above sidewalks and driveways.
- Address numbers with a 4 inch minimum stroke must appear on all structures.
- Snow and ice must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall.
- Broken, cracked, sunken, or missing sidewalk slabs must be repaired or replaced.
The borough of Bellevue is part of the Tri-Boroughs Zoning Ordinance along with Avalon and Ben Avon. You can read the ordinance here.
Code Office Employees:
You can reach the office by calling 412-766-7453.
The office is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
It is open on Tuesday from 7:00 AM to 7:00PM.